For latest issue details, click here.
A quarterly newsletter keeps members informed of past, present and future events and is issued in January, April, July and October. Past issues may be available at a small cost to include postage. Click here to see the contents of the latest issue.
Our Editor is always on the look-out for articles and topics about the lost industrial heritage in Northamptonshire. Regular topics are reports on the Winter lectures and the summer walks and visits, which cover a wide range of topics and places.
Copy date for issue 159: 31st May
Guidelines for articles
Articles should be no longer than about 1200 words. If the subject matter is considered to be of special interest and, in the author's opinion, warrants a longer article, the author is advised to discuss the matter with the editor prior to submission.
Photographs and/or drawings are always welcome to accompany the article and should be supported with appropriate captions. If not the author's own work, the source of any graphic material should be fully referenced and acknowledged.
Submission may be either by post or by email:
- When sending material through the post, it should be sent first class, especially if it contains photographs, slides or other graphic material. Photographs and slides will be returned after use.
- Articles sent electronically should be sent in one of the standard formats:
- Word™ (.doc),
- Rich text format (.rtf) or
- Plain text (.txt).
- Images and other graphical data should be sent as separate individual attachments. Images should be larger that 2.2 Mpx (megapixels) in either JPEG (.jpg) or TIFF (.tif) format. Vector data should be in one of the recognised formats:
- Adobe Illustrator™ (.ai),
- windows metafile (.wmf), or
- Visio™ (.vsd).
The contents of recent issues can be found on the Back Issues page.
Back issues of the newsletter can be found on the e-Newsletters page.
Issue 157, Winter 2021
- Jane Waterfield
- Peter Acres
- Construction of Kilsby Tunnel: Part 2
- History of Roundhouses
- Steam Mill at Old
- Northampton Castle Station Model
- Travel on the Railway 1961–72
- Electrification of the Midland main Line
- Locomotion No 1
- Northamptonshire Miscellany:
- Gretton Parchment Works
- Thornton Park, Kingsthorpe
- WW2 ARP Lantern
- Kingsthorpe Hall
- Dirft expands
- Nene Valley Railway
- Wicksteed Park
- Catesby Tunnel
- Miscellany of Items of Interest:
- Willersley Castle
- Bletchley flyover work
- Conwy Valley Railway Line
- German industry still using fireless locos
- Nunckley Hill gets a steam loco
- 'Ugly Sisters' for sale
- UK imports coal
- Of This and That:
- Facts about the Navy
- Dates for the Diary
- And Finally