For latest issue details, click here.
A quarterly newsletter keeps members informed of past, present and future events and is issued in January, April, July and October. Past issues may be available at a small cost to include postage. Click here to see the contents of the latest issue.
Our editor, Jane Waterfield, is always on the look-out for articles and topics about the lost industrial heritage in Northamptonshire. Regular topics are reports on the Winter lectures and the summer walks and visits, which cover a wide range of topics and places.
Copy date for issue 157: 1st December
Guidelines for articles
Articles should be no longer than about 1200 words. If the subject matter is considered to be of special interest and, in the author's opinion, warrants a longer article, the author is advised to discuss the matter with the editor prior to submission.
Photographs and/or drawings are always welcome to accompany the article and should be supported with appropriate captions. If not the author's own work, the source of any graphic material should be fully referenced and acknowledged.
Submission may be either by post or by email:
- When sending material through the post, it should be sent first class, especially if it contains photographs, slides or other graphic material. Photographs and slides will be returned after use.
- Articles sent electronically should be sent in one of the standard formats:
- Word™ (.doc),
- Rich text format (.rtf) or
- Plain text (.txt).
- Images and other graphical data should be sent as separate individual attachments. Images should be larger that 2.2 Mpx (megapixels) in either JPEG (.jpg) or TIFF (.tif) format. Vector data should be in one of the recognised formats:
- Adobe Illustrator™ (.ai),
- windows metafile (.wmf), or
- Visio™ (.vsd).
The contents of recent issues can be found on the Back Issues page.
Back issues of the newsletter can be found on the e-Newsletters page.
Issue 156, Autumn 2020
- Anthony Waller
- Construction of Kilsby Tunnel: Part 1
- 'White Gold' – Salt
- 'Up the Swanee' Steam boat evolution on the Mississippi River
- Wellingborough Roundhouse
- Kilsby Tunnel – repairs
- Northamptonshire Miscellany:
- The Welsh House, Northampton Market Square
- Taking a trip down memory lane
- A43 development at Towcester
- Unusual landmarks – Express Lift Tower, Northampton
- Miscellany of Items of Interest:
- Grape Britain
- The rebuilding of Britain after vthe Second World war
- Secret escape kit found in Auschwitz
- Surviving Swindon turntable could be restored
- Venice tackles weighty matter on gondolas
- England's last coal mine shuts – 1
- England's last coal mine shuts – 2
- Irthlinborough Iron Ore Mine celebrates 100 years
- Norfolk Museum needs funding to restore unique articulated locomotive
- Of This and That:
- Facts to make you think
- Dates for the Diary
- Northamptonshire Record Office
- And Finally